Last week, we began reflecting on the powerful spiritual exercise of Eucharistic Adoration. Here, I would like to recall the words of Pope John Paul II, in his encyclical “Redeemer of Man” where he said that our communal worship at Mass must go together with our personal worship of Jesus in Eucharistic Adoration in order that our love may be complete."
In an apparition to Catalina, Jesus said: “I promise to the soul that visits Me frequently in this Sacrament of Love, that I will receive it affectionately together with all the Blessed and the Angels in Heaven, and that each of its visits will be written down in the Book of its Life and I will grant to it:
1. Every petition that is presented before the Altar of God in favor of the Church, the Pope and consecrated souls.
2. The annulment of Satan’s power over its person and its loved ones.
3. Special protection in case of earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters which otherwise would affect it.
4. It will be lovingly withdrawn from the world and its attractions, which are the cause of perdition.
5. The elevation of its soul, desiring to attain sanctification, in virtuous eternal contemplation of My face.
6. Relief of its loved ones from the pains of Purgatory.
7. My blessing on every material and spiritual project it undertakes, if they are for the good of its own soul.
8. The receiving of My visits in company with My Mother at the moment of its death.
9. To listen to and to look after the needs of the persons for whom it prays.
10. The intercession of the Saints and Angels at the hour of its death, in order to diminish temporal punishment.
11. That My Love will cause holy vocations consecrated to God among its loved ones and friends.
12. That the soul which preserves a genuine devotion to My Presence in the Eucharist will not be condemned or die without the Sacraments of the Church.
“I promise these things to all persons, under only two conditions which are the fruit of genuine love towards My Real Presence in the Eucharist, and which are absolutely indispensable for My promises to become a reality in their lives:
a) That they strive to preserve the dignity of My Altars.
b) That they be merciful towards their neighbor.” From the book “In Adoration” by Catalina Rivas that received an imprimatur from Mons. Cristo’bal Biaiasik, Bishop of the Dioceses of Oruro, Bolivia.
We encourage all our parishioners to develop an appetite for Eucharistic Adoration. As a parish, we have Adoration every First Sunday and First Friday of the Month, beginning at 6:30 pm in the main Church. It is a powerful way to connect with Jesus Christ, up close and personal. It is always a time worth spending in Church. All are welcome!